The Senate today passed two bills aimed at addressing the needs of the state’s aerospace-industry, increasing the likelihood of bringing tens of thousands of family-wage jobs to Washington.
Senate Majority Leader Rodney Tom and Senate Republican Leader Mark Schoesler said today’s legislative action is all about securing the future of aerospace in Washington, and creating the jobs and skilled labor force necessary for the state to be competitive and economically successful for generations to come. Click here to read more.
- Honeyford receives Water Statesman Award for contributions to water issues After addressing the Washington State Water Resources Association at its annual conference in Spokane last Friday morning, Sen. Jim ... read more – 10 December 2013
- O’Ban urges support for transportation reform and full I-5 build-out at JBLM Today the Senate Transportation Committee spent more than four hours reviewing and hearing public testimony about the new Senate tra... read more – 22 November 2013
- Majority Coalition leaders respond to selection of new Senate Democratic leader Leaders of the Senate Majority Coalition Caucus commented on today’s announcement that Sen. Sharon Nelson has been named leade... read more – 21 November 2013
- Sen. Andy Hill’s “Windows into the Budget #2: Reform Works” Read the second installment of “Windows into the Budget,” a series designed to inform and engage the public about critic... read more – 20 November 2013
- Padden named Legislator of the Year by MADD Mothers Against Drunk Driving has named Sen. Mike Padden “Legislator of the Year” in recognition of his recent drive to ... read more – 20 November 2013
- Baumgartner responds to governor’s failure to act on right-to-work State Sen. Michael Baumgartner today responded to Gov. Jay Inslee’s refusal to act on his call to begin moving Washington towa... read more – 16 November 2013
- Washington earns ‘A’ grade for latest efforts to battle sex-trafficking A Vancouver-based organization at the forefront of global efforts to eradicate sex-trafficking has given Washington’s Legislat... read more – 12 November 2013
- Senate acts to keep aerospace jobs in Washington The Senate today passed two bills aimed at addressing the needs of the state’s aerospace-industry, increasing the likelihood o... read more – 12 November 2013
- Padden supports incentives and training related to aerospace, wants same consideration for other Washington employers Sen. Mike Padden today voted in favor of the pro-aerospace measures that prompted a quick special session of the state Legislature. ... read more – 10 November 2013
- Parlette supports incentives aimed at attracting aerospace jobs The state Senate today approved a pair of measures that are intended to retain and create jobs within Washington’s aerospace i... read more – 10 November 2013